Schools and districts envisioning learning environments built on a foundation of shared democratic principles, commitment to deep and meaningful learning, and accountability for results come to the process from different vantage points and with different expectations (and pressures). CCE team members provide expertise with sensitivity: awareness of differing needs, and the ability to respond with appropriate and practical solutions.
- School design and redesign. Innovative processes, such as the Data Inquiry Process, are used to assist design teams and existing schools to envision, design, and implement schools where learning is personalized for the benefit of each student. Processes and protocols are used to assist schools in investigating teaching, learning, and assessment, examine data, explore professional dilemma, and facilitate dialogue around school focus areas.
- Group development. Activities and protocols foster group development and support a deeper understanding of individuals’ assumptions, beliefs, and practices as contribute to a team mindset in problem solving and school design.
- Autonomous zone and school planning and development. Guidance for districts creating zones in which member schools have autonomy over most resources and decisions, central office policies are redesigned to support them, a process is created to select new designs and conversions for membership, and a district accountability system is established to assess and support their progress.
- School Quality Review (SQR). The customized SQR allows for self-reflection, data-based inquiry and external input on school progress, leading schools to assess and refine their strategic plans. Includes substantive feedback in the form of findings and recommendations across critical school focus areas, leading to action plans for improvement and data for the district and stakeholders to inform future planning.
Professional development services build the capacity of school and district teams to create collaborative cultures that value inquiry, leading to improvement of instructional practice and strategies to better support students.
- Coaching. Advice and support for district and school administrators and others leading the design and implementation of autonomous, personalized learning zones and schools.
- Professional Learning Community design and facilitation. Programs that build the capacity of school and district teams to foster cultures that value collaboration and inquiry, leading to improvement of instructional practice and strategies to better support students.