At CCE, we believe that well-designed performance assessments are a key lever for educational equity. If educators implement rigorous performance tasks that are aligned with academic and 21st century learning targets, open-ended and relevant to the real world, free of bias, and linked to clear measures for success, then all students will engage in the deeper learning they need to be successful in college and career. The 2017 Summer Institute will provide the opportunity to learn and apply the Quality Performance Assessment (QPA) model, with a focus on educational equity and cultural responsiveness.
Quality Performance Assessment Summer Institute
July 17-20, 2017 at Simmons College, Boston, MA
QPA Summer Institute is our annual convening - where our highly-trained staff work with educators to develop their assessment literacy and build their capacity to implement performance assessment systems and accompanying performance tasks in their schools and classrooms. Learn more about QPA Summer Institute at our upcoming Online Info Session.
Summer Institute Experience
During the four-day Summer Institute, participants will engage collaboratively to
- Design rigorous, culturally-responsive performance tasks and rubrics
- Facilitate the task validation process
- Analyze student work through scoring calibration
- Align instruction to the performance assessment task
- Plan to bring QPA knowledge into their schools
Summer Institute Take Aways
QPA Summer Institute is a valuable opportunity for educators to apply their learning to their own practice and be empowered take the lead in the performance assessment movement.
Upon completion of the institute, participants will have the capacity to design high-quality performance tasks that are responsive to racial, ethnic, and cultural differences, learning styles, and language proficiency. Participants will also be able to lead their colleagues in developing their own performance assessment literacy and will develop action plans for continuing this work after the institute is complete. They will leave with a robust collection of protocols and other tools and resources by which to guide their work.
Registration for QPA Summer Institute 2017 is open!
- Individual Rate (1 to 4 participants): $899 each
- Group Rate (5 to 9 participants): $799 each (for groups of 10 or more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special rate)
Early Bird Special Offer: Register by May 22nd and receive 3 extra Quality Performance Assessment Guides for free (a $75 value) to share with your colleagues.
If you require overnight accommodations, Simmons College provides dormitory style housing for attendees with 1 or 2 bed options. Each room comes with bedding and toiletries.
- Single rate: $70 per person per day
- Double rate: $58 per person per day (Rooms must be occupied by two people to be eligible for double room rate)
Parking is available at Simmons College for $16.00 a day.