QPA Summer Institute
Learn more about the Quality Performance Assessment Summer Institute at a quick info session on April 30th. Register here
Well-designed performance assessments are a key lever for educational equity. Performance assessments—multi-step assessments that are aligned with academic and 21st century learning targets, open-ended and relevant to the real world, engaging, free of bias, rigorous, and linked to clear measures for success—expand opportunities for students to engage in the deeper learning they need to be successful in college,career, and life.
Join us for our 8th Quality Performance Assessment Summer Institute!
Quality Performance Assessment (QPA) Summer Institute is our annual convening, where CCE’s highly-trained staff work with educators to develop their assessment literacy and build their capacity to design high quality performance assessments for their schools and classrooms.
July 16-19, 2018 at Simmons College, Boston, MA
During the four-day Summer Institute, participants will engage collaboratively in large and small group settings to:
- Design performance assessments and rubrics
- Promote equity in assessment systems
- Facilitate the assessment validation process
- Analyze student work through scoring calibration
- Develop an action plan to bring QPA knowledge back to schools and districts
QPA Summer Institute is appropriate for teachers, coaches, teacher leaders, and administrators. We encourage teams of educators from the same school or district to attend together.
Graduate Credit and PDPs are available.
- Individual Rate (1 to 4 participants): $799 each
- Group Rate (5 to 9 participants): $699 each (for groups of 10 or more, please contact email@example.com for special rate)
*Breakfast and Lunch are included each day.
If you require overnight accommodations, Simmons College provides dormitory style housing for attendees with 1 or 2 bed options. Each room comes with bedding and toiletries.
- Single rate: $72 per person per day
- Double rate: $59.50 per person per day (Rooms must be occupied by two people to be eligible for double room rate)
If you prefer hotel accommodations, we recommend https://www.innatlongwood.com/
Parking is available at Simmons College for $16.00 a day.