The Center for Collaborative Education (CCE) envisions a just and equitable world in which every student is college- and career-ready, and prepared to become a compassionate, thoughtful and contributing global citizen.
CCE’s mission is to transform schools to ensure that all students succeed. We partner with educators and leaders to develop strategies, processes and tools that support our vision of schools that prepare every student to achieve academically and make a positive contribution to a democratic society.
We fulfill this mission in three primary ways:
- Creating, supporting and sustaining learning environments that are collaborative, democratic and equitable
- Building capacity within districts and schools to adopt effective practices that promote collaborative, democratic and equitable learning for students and educators
- Catalyzing systemic change at the state, district and school levels through policy, research and advocacy work
We measure our impact through the lens of CCE’s vision; flexible schools in which:
- Democratic values are nurtured and modeled; equity and diversity are intentionally embedded in all practices
- Teaching and learning are purposeful, challenging, and have value beyond school
- Decisions are made as close to the learner as possible
- Assessment demonstrates the competence of students and educators in multiple ways
- Educators work in a collaborative community of practice to improve teaching and learning
District & School Design
CCE works with our partners nationwide to create a new generation of districts and schools: largely autonomous and dedicated to equity, rigor, continuous improvement, and personalization.
Instruction & Assessment
CCE builds the capacity of educators to design and implement aligned curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices, creating new systems that inspire deep, meaningful work for a diversity of students.
Research, Evaluation & Policy
CCE conducts rigorous research and evaluation studies using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods that inform education policy, promote equity, and improve student outcomes.
CCE develops teacher and school leaders that are trained to think systemically and apply their skills to the key issues of educational equity and social justice.